- tackle specific types of questions
- increase speed and accuracy
- avoid common mistakes
- use appropriate language to maximize your score
- monitor your own progress
- prepare for the exam
Carry it with you. Learn how to revise. Test yourself and your classmates. Consolidate your knowledge. Increase your IELTS score.
A must-have for all exam candidates and teachers.
The Academic Word List (AWL) was developed by Averil Coxhead at the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. The list contains 570 word families which were selected because they appear with great frequency in a broad range of academic texts. The list does not include words that are in the most frequent 2000 words of English (the General Service List), thus making it specific to academic contexts.
* Designed to improve exam performance and increase language competence for success in IELTS
* Includes four completely new practice tests
* Further Practice and Guidance pages
* Accompanying audio CD contains all four listening tests
* Complete answer key with useful explanations
- Offers a diagnostic tool;
- Reviews difficult aspects of modifiers, verbs, pronouns, basic sentence patterns, and style;
- Includes three practice tests with answers and explanations.