Candidates at this level are able to use English in:
- Daily communication
- Reading books and magazines
- Writing familiar letter
- Taking note
PET was developed to improve the independence of learners. It provides all the necessary tools for candidates to prepare for the B1 exam.
On the CD you will find three candidate speaking test and the examiner comments on each test and the bands awarded.
* Reassure your students with task specific hints and tips on how to get the right answer
* Each book has a number of additional ‘plus’ features including grammar and vocabulary practice, functions banks and FAQs
* Increase both your and your students’ knowledge of the relevant examination with the exam overview section
* Create exam conditions in your classroom using the sample OMR answer sheets
* Make your marking easy with the answer key and tape script.
The three books in the series may be used together as a complete course or may be used to target specific skills. Or they may be used separately to supplement other coursebooks.
- Only because after you have read it – there will be absolutely NO SURPRISES: you will know exactly what you need to do, when, why and how. You will get into your examiners' head and understand completely what they are looking for.
- Only because it summarizes all the techniques, strategies and tips you need to know and will save you tons of time and money.
- Only because it was tested on many students with different English skills, who achieved their target score after just 1 month of studying with it.
The books is designed as follows:
1. Introduction : Overview of the reading test
2. Question types, Reading skills and strategies : 6 articles and various questions types are mentioned here
3. Achievement tests : 1 General Training and 1 Academic
4. Appendix: Key vocabulary
- tackle specific types of questions
- increase speed and accuracy
- avoid common mistakes
- use appropriate language to maximize your score
- monitor your own progress
- prepare for the exam
Carry it with you. Learn how to revise. Test yourself and your classmates. Consolidate your knowledge. Increase your IELTS score.
A must-have for all exam candidates and teachers.
The Academic Word List (AWL) was developed by Averil Coxhead at the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. The list contains 570 word families which were selected because they appear with great frequency in a broad range of academic texts. The list does not include words that are in the most frequent 2000 words of English (the General Service List), thus making it specific to academic contexts.
* Designed to improve exam performance and increase language competence for success in IELTS
* Includes four completely new practice tests
* Further Practice and Guidance pages
* Accompanying audio CD contains all four listening tests
* Complete answer key with useful explanations
- Offers a diagnostic tool;
- Reviews difficult aspects of modifiers, verbs, pronouns, basic sentence patterns, and style;
- Includes three practice tests with answers and explanations.